Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Life: "My Opinion" By @WilsonNucleus

"My Opinion" 
By @WilsonNucleus 


If you are a person of mass influence a.k.a. "celebrity" which equates to me means, that your voice is heard by the masses whenever you speak via in person, radio, online, t.v., film and to the media in general but you are quiet with all these social ills going on then maybe we should not support what you got going on any longer.   What are you using your voice and influence for? I mean other than continuing your revenue streams, where we as a community foot the bill.  I totally support providing for your family and pursuing your passion but there comes a time when taking a neutral stand is obviously the harmful choice to the community.

Its not a color thing to me, I'm not part of a crayon box and neither are you, its a humanity thing for me.  So I mentioned the "celebrities" because as much as I do not like the connotation of that word, the actuality is that those individuals have a very large voice with influence and because we support their brand, I find it imperative that they stand together and speak out on behalf of the same people (you and I) that support them.

I'm not saying that the "celebrities" can cure all the social ills, by no means is that my point, but the fact is they have influence that the average person does not have to immediately get any word out to the masses to affect change of some sort.  We hold them accountable for our entertainment and business needs, yet we don't hold them accountable when social ills take over our culture, yet we continue on as though they can not affect change? Are we afraid to demand that we need more from them as people?  Are they afraid to lose a corporate sponsor by speaking out? What is the issue?  

Now we in our own communities need to be the first line of defense in our communities on all fronts but when it becomes a rhetorical theme of our babies  being slaughtered by our own and those entrusted to protect its citizens, then I must call on those whose voice and influence can potentially have an impact through out the nation in every community.

I intentionally didn't call anybody's name out specifically but I am calling out anyone with with that kind of influence to affect change because there are local, regional, national and international "celebrities" so if this is you, we as a people would like to hear from you and show us that our support of your brand isn't just a financial gain for you and yours.  I truly hope this creates some real conversation that will influence all of our "celebrities" to not take a neutral stand for fear of reprisal.

In the words of a line on the T.V. show 'The Most Dope Family'  in which they ride off on bikes and then yell "Somebody Do Something" ... and I'm saying yes, "Somebody Do Something" ... namely those with the ability to affect the masses.  

#watchforthehook #babiesbeingslaughtered #whereisthehumanity #whereisthejustice 


Thank you for you time.

-Wilson Nucleus








2 comments:

  1. Cool. Good points. I prefer the artist i support to hve some consciousness whn it comes to us and the world. Thinkn bout wher my $ going,..bck in the day it wlda been hard not to support DMX even knowin all im supporting is his drug habit..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback and I would support what I personally like to listen to in terms of whether I want to cop a cd or not...but I def see what you saying...

    ReplyDelete